Yoga Academy of Teaching & Training
Spring Training: Foundations of Hot Hatha
Sessions begin April 28th.
Register today – space is limited to 20 students
The most complete Hatha training in the Pacific Northwest.
This training focuses on the beginning hot hatha sequence from the lineage of Bikram Choudry and Bishnu Gosh. During these sessions, you will gain an understanding of alignment, benefits, and modifications of these postures. You will be exposed to yoga philosophy and expand your knowledge of the workings of the human body. In addition to increasing the effectiveness of your own yoga practice, this course will prepare you to teach Hot Hatha classes as a trained instructor.
- 200 hr certificate
- 9 weekends | apr 28 to jun 25
- $2,800 | $500 deposit (non-refundable)
- Early registration discount – book by Mar 28 and get $300 off
About your teacher: Carlo Giorno | Master Instructor
Carlo discovered yoga after a significant skiing accident left him injured both physically and mentally. Over a period of five years, he found healing through the practice of yoga. His journey led him to the Yoga College of India in Los Angeles where he continued his training.
Carlo began his teaching career in 1995 as one of the original instructors trained by Bikram Choudry, and one of the few remaining trained by Bikram in the 84 asana advanced practice. His initial training was 5000 hours, and he spent the first seven years of his training assisting and growing in knowledge and understanding of the asana practice, as well as related aspects of yoga. In addition to Bikram, he is trained in other lineages with prominent teachers such as Eddie Modestini, Nicki Doane, Beryl Bender Birch, Brian Kest, and Anna Forest. His breadth of experience over 20 years has given Carlo a strong foundation in the art and science of yoga, its fundamentals, technical aspects, and benefits.
Specific topics covered will include
- History of Yoga from ancient times to modern day
- The various types of yoga, definitions and origins
- 8 Limbs of yoga, its meaning and why we practice
- Yoga as science and art
- Pranayama breathing exercises, techniques and study
- Bandhas and how to engage them
- The art of teaching, sequencing and timing
- Chakra system, endocrine system, spine and nervous system
- Anatomy basics for muscular and skeletal systems
- Crucial Psoas
- Meditation inside and outside the class
- Brain wave activity